Pepperoni and Sweet Pepper Pizza
We HIGHLY encourage you to read the below DJD post on dieting to get the ‘big picture’ perspective on how these recipes may just save your waistline and health. As promised, here is the first installment of Delicious Health. Who doesn’t love pizza?
- 1 Flatbread from Trader Joe’s*
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- ½ cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 5 small sweet peppers sliced thin
- ½ cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mix of oregano, parsley, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper
Note: This is not a prop. Last night’s dinner and it was unbelievably delicious!
|Regular Pepperoni Pizza||Flatbread Pepperoni Pizza|
|Serving size||2 slices||1 flatbread pizza|
|Total fat||36 g||4 g|
|Saturated fat||16 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrates||86 g||48 g|
|Sugar||8 g||6 g|
* If you are not fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe’s by you, your local supermarket may have flatbreads but beware of regular pre-made pizza crusts that often have upwards of 1,000 calories (compared to only 220 for these!). Bake in the oven (right on the rack) at 350 for around 10min until you can see brown around the edges for a nice crisp. Enjoy!
Stay tuned and stay healthy!